Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Sr GNC Software Engineer
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people?s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation?s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work ? and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they?re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems is currently recruiting for a Guidance, Navigation, and Controls Software Test Engineer to join our team in Chandler, AZ.
The successful candidate for this position will be responsible for testing launch vehicle software for both flight simulation code and flight software. The candidate will work in conjunction with the GNC developers to assess limitations, and performance of the software. This position requires excellent communication skills and the ability to work effectively with multiple developers to understand software requirements and implementations.
- An active security clearance or the ability to quickly obtain a security clearance is required
- Recent Object Oriented (OO) software development experience with the C++ programming language
- Background in software testing, including unit testing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency with Linux and Linux development tool sets
- Experience with CMMI/SEI or equivalent software development process
- Software technical lead and/or software project management experience
- Minimum of 2 years experience developing software against CMMI Level 3 or above
- Recent experience in embedded real-time software development, debug and test
- Experience with space craft or launch systems subsystem software development is highly desired
- Experience with control systems, and guidance/navigation algorithms a plus
- A Bachelor’s Degree (BA/BS) in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering or related
- 4 years of relevant work experience is required.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 3-5 Years