Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Sr Program Scheduler
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people?s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation?s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work ? and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they?re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems is currently seeking an experienced Sr. Program Scheduler to join our Program team in our Chandler, AZ office.
Role Description & Responsibilities:
The Sr. Program Scheduler will be capable of efficiently creating and maintaining a resource loaded schedule network that is the core of a schedule-driven EVMS implementation.
- Provide program planning and scheduling support to internal and external customers (typically Program/Proposal/Product team Managers, CAMs, task leads, etc.). This includes gathering of source planning data, logical sequencing of activities, establishing activity durations and loading of resources in an Integrated Master Schedule Network for the purpose of providing status reporting and earned value analysis of work performed against the approved baseline plan.
- Review subcontractor schedule submissions to determine compliance to subcontract requirements and communicated corrective actions as needed.
- Implement automated planning software to perform schedule analysis and reporting, including critical path analysis and assessment, schedule risk assessments, schedule health metrics analysis.
- Gather and compile information to create summary level and detailed program/project network schedules utilizing automated planning software. Periodically gather status information to update and analyze the "time now" status of baselined program networks, advise managers of schedule critical paths and, when requested, recommend alternative schedules and recovery plans.
- Perform analysis of program resource "consumables" (time, manpower, facilities use, materials, etc.) to determine the "earned value" or work performed.
- Candidate must have a minimum of (5) five years of related experience.
- Scheduling in an Earned Value management environment with working knowledge and experience with scheduling in a compliant EVMS environment, including familiarity with DI-MGMT-81650 and related government requirements.
- Expert knowledge of MS Project MS Excel and MS Word.
- Direct experience with automated cost and schedule integration is preferred.
- MS Project and Cobra experience is also preferred.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor of Arts/Science degree in Engineering or related field is required.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 5-8 Years
Expertise: Program Management, Production