Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Sr. Principal Electrical Engineer/RF Technical Lead
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people?s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation?s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work ? and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they?re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems is currently seeking an experienced Sr. Principal RF Engineer for our Plymouth, MN office.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems’ Missile Products Division is seeking an experienced RF technical team leader (Sr. Principal Engineer). This position requires the application of RF engineering principles to lead advanced weapon systems projects of significant complexity and scope. This position requires an individual who can multi-task, delegate effectively, and possesses exceptional time management skills. Excellent communication, writing, and presentation skills are critical. In this role, the individual will interface with program managers and customers, and direct the work of engineers of various disciplines to accomplish program objectives. Candidates should have demonstrated capabilities in the following areas:
- Technical team leader on sensor based fuzing programs working directly with the program team to oversee the design architecture to meet customer requirements, and the engineering design process to be in accordance with established Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems (NGIS) procedures.
- Provide technical leadership of research, design, and development in such areas as radar system design, RF transmitter and receiver design, antenna design, RF signal processing and MMIC design.
- Provide technical oversight of RF requirements, design, system modeling, and component selection.
- Provide technical oversight of Electromagnetic Environmental Effects (E3) assessments and provides recommendations for achieving E3 compliance with requirements such as MIL-STD 461.
- Provide technical oversight to insure that our design process, peer reviews, and program reviews are conducted in accordance with the established procedures of the Northrop Grumman Quality Management System.
- Work with the program team to prepare for technical interchange meetings and key program reviews with the customer including the System Requirement Review (SRR), System Functional Review (SFR), Preliminary Design Review (PDR) and Critical Design Review (CDR).
- Coordinate with production engineers and production facilities to transition sensor based fuzing designs into production. Coordinate Design for Assembly (DFA) and Design for Manufacturing (DFM) workshops during the design and development phase of the program.
- Management of cost and schedule for assigned projects/programs.
- Participate in business development activities including development of technology roadmaps, customer interface meetings, proposal writing and cost estimating.
- Bachelor of Science in electrical engineering (Masters Preferred) from an accredited college with a minimum of 10 years’ experience in Defense or related industries.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team leadership environment. It is highly desirable to have prior team leadership experience that requires delegation of responsibilities.
- Ideally looking for candidates with experience in radar system concept, signal processing techniques, integration, and test.
- Must have a working knowledge of antenna design concept, antenna theory and antenna pattern measurements techniques.
- Ideally looking for candidates with experience in MMIC design, process type and fabrication techniques.
- Must have a working knowledge of RF design simulation tools such as HFSS and/or ADS.
- Demonstrate an in-depth understanding of engineering principles, theories, and processes associated with DOD projects.
- Must be energetic, independent and self-motivated.
- Must possess strong interpersonal, organizational and teamwork skills and experience presenting ideas to senior management as well as mentoring junior engineers.
- Must be proficient with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and MS Project.
- Security regulations require that the individual must be a U.S. Citizen and must have the ability to obtain a DoD Secret Clearance.
- Some travel required.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: +10 Years