Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Supervisor - Factory Operations
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman is currently seeking an experienced Supervisor of Factory Operations to provide leadership to our Missile Products team in our Rocket Center, WV offices.
Role description & Responsibilities:
- Provides direction and motivates employees on a project basis to employees in a single facility, guided by established practices and precedents.
- Ability to provide and interpret written and verbal instructions
- Interprets, executes, and recommends modifications to practices that affect his or her direct reports.
- Frequently performs ongoing tasks of the department.
- Provides technical support to engineering staff in the operation and maintenance (routine and non-routine) of automated assembly and metal parts manufacturing equipment.
- Works directly with engineering in running, maintaining, troubleshooting automated assembly and metal parts manufacturing equipment.
- Ensures a safe working environment is maintained at all times.
- Reviews results for timeliness, quality, and cost effectiveness to accomplish departmental goals.
- Executes manpower forecasts.
- Interacts frequently with direct reports and managers concerning operations or scheduling of specific phases of projects.
- Schedules work, leads and trains direct reports, and controls processes on a scheduled basis within cost parameters while maintaining positive working relationships.
- Administers and complies with the union contract, trains new employees and new processes obtained for the department.
- Provides sound judgment and ensures overall quality and efficiency of the department.
- High School diploma with manufacturing experience required Associates Degree or Bachelors in technical field preferred
- Demonstrated hands-on mechanical aptitude
- Knowledge of electrical, mechanical, pneumatic equipment
- Experience preferred in PLC programming and interfaces,
- Experience with Lean manufacturing techniques
- Availability and willingness to work a variety of shifts, as needed, which may include 2nd or 3rd shift
- Ability to obtain a Secret Clearance which requires US Citizenship as a pre-requisite
- Experience using Microsoft Word and MS Office
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: None
Years of Experience: 1-3 Years
Education: High School/GED