Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Senior Staff Electrical Engineer
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems is currently seeking a Sr. Staff Electrical Engineer to provide talent to our Defense Electronics Systems (DES) group in Northridge, CA.
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people?s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation?s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work ? and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they?re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
- Senior Staff Electrical Engineer and technical lead for ARH and other passive radar systems
- Diagnose ARH issues, analyze ARH data, evaluate ARH signal processing algorithms and hardware
- Critically review, implement and test new signal processing and image processing techniques and algorithms
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide and implement technical solutions to ARH system problems
- Grow into position as ARH technical lead / representative
- Interact with other ARH experts and senior engineers
- Help coordinate issue resolution between various engineering disciplines
- Analyze ARH data, evaluate ARH performance and support ARH flight data analysis
- Identify ARH signal processing algorithm and hardware issues as they arise
- Help troubleshoot and diagnose ARH production issues at subsystem and RF processor levels
- Improve production ARH subsystem tests and procedures
- Grow into signal and image processing algorithm design subject matter expert (SME)
- Grow into advanced direction-finding techniques subject matter expert (SME)
- BS Engineering or Physics degree and at least 20 years’ experience; or an MS Engineering or Physics degree and at least 15 years' experience; or PhD in Engineering or Physics and at least 10 years' experience
- Radar-related industry experience preferred
- DoD contractor experience preferred
- Excellent understanding of radar or RF systems and their algorithms
- In-depth understanding and application of radar technical expertise
- Good understanding of detector theory and detection algorithms
- Knowledge of Software-Defined Radio (SDR) and Electronic Protection(EP)/Electronic Warfare(EW) preferred
- Good understanding of advanced direction-finding techniques preferred
- Good understanding of Automatic Target Recognition techniques preferred
- Ability to determine causes of ARH system issues, both software and hardware, as well as provide solutions
- Independently determines and develops technical objectives of assignments
- Innovative problem solving
- Works with minimal direction
- Skills in programming: Matlab required
- Demonstrated experience in the development and production of radar systems.
- Ability to obtain secret security clearance required. Active secret security clearance preferred
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: +10 Years