Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems is currently seeking a Systems Engineer to provide talent to our Defense Electronics Systems (DES) group in Northridge, CA.
Role description & Responsibilities:
Systems Engineer and technical contributor for active/passive radar missile system development and production.
Key responsibilities include:
- Providing technical support for non-conformances, engineering investigations, supplier technical issues, engineering changes, and government questions related to the assigned missile section
- Supporting root cause analysis, fault isolation, and corrective action on production failures
- Determining and communicating status on failure trends derived from data mining and analysis as the engineering representative of a cross functional investigation team
- Providing technical support to the assigned missile section IPT Lead to help drive continuous product and process improvements including design updates
- Conducting/assisting with system and subsystem requirements development, management, analysis, and traceability
- Reviewing, understanding, and assisting with the generation of well-defined and executable system and subsystem requirements documents
- Assisting in developing verification and validation tests of the requirements
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical, Mechanical, or Aerospace Engineering.
- Must be able to successfully obtain a US Gov’t issued Secret clearance within a timeframe set forth by Management; current/active Secret clearance preferred.
- 1+ years of experience in systems and hi-tech product development.
- Production and manufacturing experience to aid in troubleshooting, diagnosing, and improving missile subsystem issues is preferred.
- Must be able to assist and learn from experienced senior engineers while working on complex electronic, mechanical and active/passive radar missile systems.
- Lab environment experience is desired.
- Ability to develop Matlab scripts is a plus.
- Working level DOORs experience helpful.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 3-5 Years