Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Senior Systems Engineer
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems is currently seeking a Senior General Systems Engineer to provide talent to our Defense Electronics Systems (DES) group in Northridge, CA.
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Role description & Responsibilities:
Systems Engineer and technical contributor for tactical missile system development and production.
Key responsibilities include:
- Performing system and subsystem requirements development, management, analysis, and traceability, preferably within the model-based systems engineering paradigm
- Developing block diagrams and system architecture plans
- Reviewing, understanding, and assisting with the generation of well-defined and executable system and subsystem requirements documents as well as interface documents
- Defining verification methods for the requirements
- Developing verification and validation tests of the requirements
- Preparing and presenting system engineering materials during System Requirement Review, System Functional Review, Preliminary Design Review, Critical Design Review, System Verification Review and other formal program reviews as needed
- Performing lab and field testing if required
- Bachelor of Science in an Engineering discipline.
- Able to obtain secret clearance. Active Secret clearance a plus.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in systems and hi-tech product development.
- Well-versed, skilled and disciplined in system engineering lifecycle and processes.
- High level understanding of tactical missile subsystems.
- Working level DOORs experience desired.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 8-10 Years