Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Sr. Staff Electrical Engineer - Dev MMW
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems is currently seeking a Senior Staff Electrical Engineer - Dev_MMR to provide talent to our Defense Electronics Systems (DES) group in Northridge, CA.
- Senior Staff Electrical Engineer and technical lead for Millimeter-wave (MMW) and other active radar systems
- Diagnose MMW issues, analyze MMW data, evaluate MMW signal processing algorithms and hardware
- Critically review, implement and test new signal processing and image processing techniques and algorithms
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide and implement technical solutions to MMW system problems
- Grow into position as MMW technical lead / representative
- Interact with other MMW experts and senior engineers
- Help coordinate issue resolution between various engineering disciplines
- Analyze MMW data, evaluate MMW performance and support MMW flight data analysis
- Identify MMW signal processing algorithm and hardware issues as they arise
- Help troubleshoot and diagnose MMW production issues at subsystem and RF processor levels
- Improve production MMW subsystem tests and procedures
- Grow into signal and image processing algorithm design subject matter expert (SME)
- Grow into automatic target recognition (ATR), pattern recognition and classification SME
- BS Engineering or Physics degree and at least 9 years’ experience or a MS Engineering or Physics degree and at least 7 years in a radar related industry; Masters or higher degree and DoD contractor experience preferred.
- Excellent understanding of radar or RF systems and their algorithms.
- In-depth understanding and application of radar technical expertise.
- Good understanding of detector theory and detection algorithms.
- Knowledge of Software-Defined Radio (SDR) and Electronic Protection (EP) / Electronic Warfare (EW) preferred.
- Good understanding of classification and pattern recognition techniques preferred.
- Good understanding of Automatic Target Recognition techniques preferred.
- Ability to determine causes of MMW system issues, both software and hardware, as well as provide solutions.
- Independently determines and develops technical objectives of assignments.
- Innovative problem solving.
- Works with minimal direction.
- Skills in programming: Matlab required.
- Demonstrated experience in the development and production of radar systems.
- Ability to obtain secret security clearance required (US citizenship required); current/active secret security clearance preferred.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO.Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: +10 Years