Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Sr. Shipping and Receiving Assistant
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems is currently seeking a Sr. Shipping & Receiving Assistant at the Northridge, CA location.
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people?s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work ? and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems (NGIS) designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Receives and fills orders and performs order status inquiry for all completed orders. Adjusts orders as necessary when damages or shortages occur.
- Fills and prepares inventory for transportation and monitors progress throughout shift to assure efficient completion of duties.
- Performs physical counts, cycle counts, and periodic inventory verification.
- Assist transportation function by directing carrier drivers on empty trailer dropping and load pick-up processes.
- Complete bill of lading, packing list, seal assignment, and bar code assignments for each order.
- Cross trains and assists with other departments when necessary.
- Complies with SOPs, GMPs, safety rules and regulations, and departmental procedures.
- Assist in obtaining maximum efficiency and productivity in warehouse operations.
- Inspecting incoming materials and notifying appropriate staff of potential quality issues.
- Use moving equipment like forklifts and pallet jacks to safely and efficient move inventory around the facility
- Prepare appropriate receiving, stockroom, and shipping documentation in compliance with all domestic and international regulations (IATA, hazmat, customs, etc.).
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office programs and comfortable with using a computer.
- Ability to train others in on specified core competencies.
- Investigating and solving customer shipping/receiving problems and issues
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- HS graduate with min.4 years' experience
- Requires strong interpersonal and organization skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Proficient in warehouse management systems and pc environments.
- Must be able to operate material handling equipment.
- Ability to count and perform basic math, with or without a calculator.
- Basic written and verbal communication skills (documentation, communication with peers, supervisors, etc.).
- Required to monitor facility conditions pertaining to safety, cleanliness, temperature, and general operational function.
- Must be able to work independently without direct supervision.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 3-5 Years
Education: High School/GED