Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Sr. Quality Systems Analyst
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people?s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation?s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work ? and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they?re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems - Armament Systems Division (NGIS-ASD) is seeking a Senior Quality Management Systems engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals at our Plymouth, MN location.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems, a division of Northrop Grumman Corporation (NGC) is an industry leader in ammunition, precision and strike weapons, missile-warning solutions, and tactical rocket motors across air, sea and land-based systems. We are the largest U.S. producer of small-caliber ammunition, as well as a leading producer of medium- and large-caliber ammunition and medium-caliber gun systems for the U.S. Government and our Allies. Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems also develops advanced capabilities for missile-defense interceptors, fuzing and warheads, weaponized special-mission aircraft, and propulsion/controls.
The successful candidate will provide quality systems and process support with the goal of achieving superior program performance and strive for 100% Mission Success. Our team is committed to unmatched expertise in the core areas of process development and performance management, business management and operational excellence, risk management, and continuous improvement.
Roles and Responsibilities:
This position will provide oversight, support, and management of the Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems (ASD) Quality Management System (QMS) and Business Process Management System (BPMS). Position is resident in Plymouth MN. Some travel may be required.
- Maintains AS91000D Certification, Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI) Maturity Level 3 (V2.0) and coordinates interface with AS9100 D Registrar and CMMI appraiser.
- Audits the QMS / BPMS for deficiency identification and corrective action as well as AS9100 D compliance and CMMI Level 3 V2.0 maintenance.
- Manages the Quality Manual and all supporting QMS/BPMS documentation. Manages and conducts the required QMS / BPMS Management Review.
- Provides recommendations that assure compliance in quality, risk management, safety, and corrective measures. Recommends and drives process improvement.
- Identify / drive functional and cross-functional process and system improvement initiatives in accordance with NGIS continuous improvement and Kaizen processes.
- Understand and deploy leading-edge quality and process control and improvement technologies and tools to drive continuous improvement.
- Assists Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) in developing process documentation, e.g., plans, procedures, tools, templates, training, handbooks, and guides.
- Maintains the highest level of commitment to quality, compliance and internal controls in adherence to company values, mission, and ethics.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Requires Bachelor of Science in related engineering field such as mechanical, electrical, chemical, physics, aerospace, or systems engineering.
- 10+ years of industry experience in quality management systems, process management and improvement.
- Experience working within and applying industry standard quality management frameworks / models, such as AS9100D, CMMI, including interpreting and performing internal audits for AS9100D.
- Experience working with stakeholders including upper management and Government.
- Ability to work with a team and work independently, when needed.
- Strong written and verbal communication and formal presentation skills.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio.
- MS degree preferred.
- ISO 9000 or AS9100D Lead Auditor certification preferred.
- Strong in understanding and application of statistical methods, data / analytical expertise.
- Lean / Six Sigma Master Black-Belt Certified, with demonstrated tangible improvement results.
- Experience in process modeling, analysis and design.
- Experience with Minitab or equivalent statistical software.
- Able to obtain and maintain a Secret Clearance.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 5-8 Years