Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Assoc NDT Tech
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems is currently recruiting for a Non-Destructive Testing (NDT) Level I Ultrasonic Technician, C Shift Thursday - Saturday and Every Other Sunday 6:00 AM - 6:30 PM. in our ACCE Clearfield, UT location.
This job involves performing Ultrasonic (UT) inspections using automated inspection systems and handheld measuring techniques for SMI thickness. The LVL I technician will aid in determining the acceptability of composite aircraft parts for quality and design verification in a fast paced high rate production environment. Based on the technical nature of this position, experience and training is required to meet Level I certification requirements per NAS410.
- Minimum of 6 – 12 months of Ultrasonic inspection experience required or equivalent training through certifications
- High School Diploma or equivalent GED (education will be verified)
Skills & Qualifications:
- Must be able to follow work instructions without any needed direct observation from the LVL II inspector
- Have the skills and knowledge to process parts, document results and perform equipment standardization in accordance with approved work instructions
- Have the skills and knowledge to carry out any necessary preparation of parts before or after inspection in accordance with approved work instructions
- Have the skills and knowledge to conduct system performance checks in accordance with the applicable process standards
- Receive guidance or supervision from a certified level II or level III in that method when necessary.
- Participates in process reviews
- Exhibits competencies and skills necessary to be a future inspection lead or certified LVL II
- Actively identifies and implements process improvement activities
- Minimum 40 hrs. of formal training in UT method for NDI certification
- Minimum 200 hrs experience of OJT for UT method
- Must be able to meet vision requirements of NAS410 Table V
- Must pass "General" examination test for LVL I
- Must pass "Specific" examination test for LVL I
- Must pass "Practical" examination test for LVL I
- Experience and familiarity with interpretation requirements of Airbus products a required
- Experience with aerospace specification interpretation, inspection reporting, including nonconformance reports as applicable
- Proficient in Microsoft applications
- Lift up to 50 lbs.
- Candidate should have technical strengths in composite processing, operations, and inspection
- Must be able to read and understand blueprints, technical specifications and operating procedures
- Excellent attendance and punctuality and ability to work overtime as required
- Must be able to work flexible and changing shift schedules
- Must be able to work weekends
- Experience operating automated Ultrasonic inspection systems preferred
Competencies for Success:
- Positive individual who is willing to expand current skill set
- Must be able to work independently and in a team setting
- Strong interpersonal communication skills with ability to work with others at all levels of the organization
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- High aptitude for learning
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced, diverse environment
- Initiative, self-starter, adaptable, and high motivation for excellence
- High energy, results oriented, self-motivated / self-reliant, team player
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 0-1 Year
Education: High School/GED