Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Mgr Material Prog (Must be able to obtain clearance)
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people?s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation?s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work ? and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they?re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Leads multiple departments while providing guidance, direction, and managerial expertise to ensure safe, timely material program execution throughout the throughout the Supply Chain while meeting or exceeding Safety, Quality, Delivery, Employee, and Cost goals and objectives. Develop and facilitate the application and execution of Supply Chain policies and procedures.
- Analyzes data to determine manpower. Leads recruitment efforts. Develops training and approves timekeeping. Creates employee development plans and aids in succession planning.
- Able to understand and interpret legal aspects of government and commercial acquisition to the material program management function using the Federal Acquisitions Regulations (FAR). Defense Industry specific contracts or industry related experience preferred.
- Prepares labor/non-labor cost reports, establishes and tracks Overhead budgets. Provides material inputs to the EAC process. Work with upper management for improving program budgets.
- Oversees the execution of strategic sourcing and cost saving initiatives. Provides guidance to the MPM and SCM team. Responsible for development of supply chain strategy for assigned program(s).
- Oversees accuracy and timeliness targets. Analyzes data to assess performance and lead improvements.
- Leads and supports, implements and drives continuous improvement activity. Aids in establishing improvement goals and communicates successes. Apply PES/Lean principles to day to day tasks.
Education & Experience
Generally requires BS & 14 years or equivalent combination of education & experience.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: +10 Years
Expertise: Category Development, Management