Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Principal Converged Infrastructure Engineer
** Please note: This position requires an active Top Secret SCI Clearance **
The selected candidate will be responsible for:
- Overseeing daily maintenance, including performance monitoring, deployment of operating system patches and software upgrades, and configuration control of the network technical baseline.
- Provide assistance to fellow team members and end users in investigation, diagnoses, and problem resolution
- A Bachelor’s Degree (BA/BS) Information Technology or equivalent degree is required.
- Minimum 7 years of relevant experience in Windows Server Administration.
- No supervisory experience required.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Relevant industry certifications such as DOD 8570 Level 2 Technical Certification (GSEC, Security+ ce, SCNP, SSCP) or higher (CISA, CISSP, GSE, SCNA) (**Will be required to be obtained within six months of hire**)
- Microsoft Certifications (MCSA, MCSE Windows Server 2008 or 2012, Windows 10) (**Will be required to be obtained within six months of hire**)
- Extensive experience with DNS, Active Directory, GPO's, and LDAP configuration.
- Experience with Backup systems and methods
- Experience with Installation, configuration and maintenance of virtual environments (VmWare, Hyper-V, etc.)
- Experience with Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Ability to work across disciplines to isolate issues between software, firmware, and hardware, between software and operating systems, between networks and applications, and between one-time events and recurrent systematic problems
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing to include, but not limited to, creation of process documentation and How to Guides.
- Familiarity or Prior hands-on experience installing, configuring, troubleshooting, and maintaining network services, equipment and devices, such as Switches, Routers, Hubs, Servers, and Firewalls.
- Familiarity with DoD computer security tools such as ACAS, Nessus, etc.
- Familiarity with Windows Power Shell and\or Linux based scripting
- Familiarity with McAfee and Symantec Products
- Familiarity with imaging/deployment of systems
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Northrop Grumman is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 5-8 Years
Expertise: Information Technology