Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Senior Electrical Engineer
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions
Based on specific objectives, perform analysis, design, or test of complex designs without detailed direction from more senior engineers. Study design concepts and criteria to ascertain the engineering principles involved and with general direction, plan, prepare, and complete the design. Evaluate completed design with more senior engineers and other technical groups and make modifications necessary to achieve a design that satisfies requirements. Develop, coordinate, and conduct the test programs required to evaluate the design. May also oversee, with senior engineer oversight, component supplier design, analysis, manufacture, and test.
Education and Experience
Requires BS in Electrical Engineering & 4 years or Masters in Electrical Engineering & 2 years.
Preferred skills and experience
- Skill and experience in troubleshooting electronic assemblies
- Skill and experience in authoring technical documents such as functional block diagrams, electrical interface diagrams, grounding diagrams, test plans and procedures, requirements specifications, non-conformance reports, analysis reports, status/progress reports, design review presentations, etc.
- Skill and experience in using electronic test equipment such as oscilloscopes, DMMs, logic analyzers, DC power supplies, source meters, frequency response analyzers, function generators, electronic loads, data acquisition units, etc.
- Excellent communication skills – able to distill and confidently and effectively communicate complex technical data to various audiences including peers, customers, suppliers, and managers
- Ability to perform detailed and rigorous electrical analyses of circuit card assemblies including: electrical stress, worst case, radiation effects, loop stability, power dissipation, and FMECA
- Skill and experience in circuit modeling and simulation using software tools such as PSPICE, SABER-RD, Mathcad, MATLAB/Simulink, etc.
- Working knowledge of space grade electronic components and associated mil-specs
- Firm understanding of space environmental effects on electronic devices including radiation, vacuum, space charging, launch dynamics, etc.
- Skill and experience in circuit schematic capture (Cadence preferred)
10.Skill and experience in switch-mode and linear power supply design, test, and analysis techniques
11.Thorough understanding of electrical grounding concepts and techniques
12.Firm understanding of analog filter concepts including common-mode, differential mode, ripple reduction, damping networks, and loop compensation networks
13.Familiarity with multilayer PWB layout techniques and concepts for analog/power/digital designs
14.Familiarity with analog-to-digital and digital-to-analog signal conversion cycles
15.Familiarity with photovoltaic cell and array concepts
16.Familiarity with battery charge management techniques
17.Familiarity with NI LABView software
18.Familiarity with the process of requirements definition, flow-down, verification, and validation
19.Familiarity with circuit card assembly manufacturing processes
Northrop Grumman is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products ? and your ideas ? into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you?ll be amazed at what you can do!We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 3-5 Years