Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Senior Staff Systems Engineer
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions
Create and manage system requirements, specifications and the requirements verification data base. Negotiate requirements with the customer. Plan the verification program. Develop CONOPS. Perform System Analysis. Implement changes to system and subsystem architecture models and run existing models and simulations to assess system performance. Provide SE guidance to the team. Manage projects. Review and approve SE developed artifacts. Mentor to junior System engineers. Recognized SE SME.
- Corporate or division level recognized leader in the use of database structures and processes for the Systems Requirements Management system under self direction.
- Corporate or division level recognized leader in creating original and revised specification/interface definition documents and creates and modifies specification document processes.
- Corporate or division level recognized leader in the designs and manages of verification database processes.
- Creates and manages management tracking reports processes.
- Directs proposal-writing efforts or authors sections/volumes for Systems Engineering for a large project
- Manages or leads the risk management and trade study processes for a division.
- Corporate recognized leader in the use of tools, processes, or specifications used to create Functional/Logical/Physical Model of System Architectures descriptions.
- Corporate recognized leader in the use of tools, processes, or specification used to create System Representations.
- Technical Resource Budgets and Configuration Control Board participation.
- Provide program management office and mission planning/operations support.
- Leads one or more teams for mission system design, analyses, interface verification, testing, failure/anomaly resolution or mission operations.
- Corporate recognized leader in the use of a broad category of tools, processes, or specifications used to create system or subsystem analytical models.
- Corporate recognized leader in system and subsystem architectures(s), system physical views - system elements (blocks) and critical interfaces (internal and external).
- Corporate recognized leader in the testing and/or evaluation/validation of system and subsystem analytical models or actual system implementation.
- Corporate or Division-level leader recognized leader in using system or subsystem analytical models and simulations to validate large-scale system behavior.
- Leads, prepares and presents system engineering materials during System Requirement Review, System Functional Review, Preliminary Design Review, Critical Design Review and System Verification Review and other formal program reviews.
- Leads and prepares trade studies, system sensitivity studies, design optimization studies, system performance assessments, system design assessments, Operations Analysis work such as mission analysis and timelines and conops development.
- Red Team Member
- Interfaces with customers as required to fulfill division level product development and IRAD requirements.
- TOP SECRET CLEARANCE REQUIRED
- Attends Systems Engineering Technical and peer reviews as independent reviewer.
- Supports Business Development for pursuits and capture.
- Performs and manages cost estimates and project planning for complete project.
Manages CAM and EVMS tracking for complete project.
Education and Experience
Requires BS in Engineering & 20 years or Masters in Engineering & 15 years or PhD in Engineering & 10 years.
Northrop Grumman is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products ? and your ideas ? into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you?ll be amazed at what you can do!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: +10 Years