Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Senior Electrical Engineer ( Solar Array )
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people?s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation?s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work ? and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they?re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space co
The Spacecraft Solar Array Engineer provides technical leadership and coordination to meet Solar Panel and Solar Array program objectives. This position serves as the main liaison between program management and technical experts both internally and externally (customer facing) to define an executable project to satisfy program needs. Review current design and manufacturing processes to determine limitations to meeting program requirements, assess alternative approaches where needed, and determines the most accurate, feasible, and economical solutions with stakeholders. Prepare presentations and diagrams in relationship to technical requests or problem analysis and coordinate recommended solutions with end users, program management, and other stakeholders.
Based on specific objectives, perform analysis, design, or test of complex designs without detailed direction from more senior engineers. Study design concepts and criteria to ascertain the engineering principles involved and with general direction, plan, prepare, and complete the design.
Perform trade studies to evaluate different components and suppliers. Oversee component supplier design, analysis, manufacture, and test. Evaluate design with more senior engineers and other technical groups and make modifications necessary to achieve a design and interface that satisfies requirements. Develop and verify specifications and design reviews to ensure design adequacy. Coordinate and conduct the integration and test programs required to integrate the design to the next higher level. Support on-orbit performance of the component.
- Job Knowledge/Technical Skills - Broad understanding and application of company electrical engineering technical standards. Broad technical expertise and working knowledge of other related disciplines to communicate and understand requirements levied by other subsystems. Prepares and presents electrical engineering materials for Requirements and Design Reviews.
- Problem Solving/Innovation - With minimal guidance, studies basic design concepts and criteria for more complex problems. Applies electrical engineering principles to adapt or improve upon heritage features from previous successful designs of a similar nature. Applies electrical engineering principles to adapt or improve upon heritage features from previous successful designs of a similar nature.
- Liaison - Actively and effectively participates and contributes in a positive manner. Supports team decisions and goals. Makes an extra effort to provide quality internal and external customer service. Constantly seeks new sources of information and provides information necessary to meet supplier, internal, and customer needs. Disciplined with escalation when required. Communicates clearly with different engineering teams.
- Requirements Derivation/ Test Development - Develop and oversee test programs as needed to evaluate components and systems. Supports and leads the testing and/or evaluation/validation of an electrical component, subsystem, or system analytical model or actual system implementation.
- Risk and Uncertainty Quantification - Evaluate, with supervision of electrical engineering and other subsystems, uncertainty and risks associated with requirements and designs.
- Analysis and Design - Based on specific stated objectives, performs analysis, design, or test of one or more complex designs, components, or functional systems of company products. Use advanced analytical and product design engineering software tools. Supports trade studies for component or system level designs. Participates in the creation of and manages changes to circuit, component, or system level design or analytical models under direction and support of more experienced engineers. Supports analysis of other subsystems outside electrical engineering.
- Peer Review/Oversight - Provides formal peer review of simple engineering designs or analyses for less experienced engineers. Reviews supplier data and summarizes for different audiences.
- Involvement in national or international engineering association. Frequent communications with outside vendors. Some travel required.
Education and Experience
Requires BS in
Engineering & 4 years or Masters in Engineering & 2 years.
mponents and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 1-3 Years