Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Senior Electrical Engineer - PE
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people?s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation?s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work ? and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they?re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Role Description & Responsibilities:
Senior Design Engineer – Project Based FPGA Design
Orbital ATK seeks a FPGA Design Engineer experienced in FPGA development, digital signal processing for an extended FPGA development project and associated research
- Participate on small multi-discipline teams to achieve project goals
- Perform analysis to support derivation of design requirements
- RTL development utilizing hardware description language
- Perform synthesis and place and route.
- Develop verification plans to support development.
- Support technical reviews and be able to present to internal and external customers.
- 10+ years experience in FPGA definition, design, debug, and test.
- Experience in implementing, porting, and testing FPGA designs into System on a Chip (SoC) Devices
- Experience with System on Chip (SOC) devices and firmware interfaces
- RTL development utilizing hardware description language (VHDL preferred) and debug via simulation tools.
- Proven experience in design synthesis, place and route, and verification tasks
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience using Microsoft Office software suite in support of standard development tasks
- Secret Clearance
- FPGA design and development utilizing Altera devices
- Working knowledge of Version Control Systems (Git or SVN)
- HDL programming experience with VHDL for synthesis
- Working knowledge of PCIe or other industry standard interfaces.
- Simulation and analysis using MATLAB
- Embedded development using C/C++
- Active TS/SCI
- M.S. in Electrical Engineering or related field
Communications, SIGINT, ELINT, Cyber, Electronic Warfare, Radar, Signals, Intelligence, Wireless Systems, Digital Signal Processing, DSP, Systems Engineering , Electrical
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 8-10 Years