Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Manager Product Assurance
Job Summary / Description:
The Manager of Product Assurance leads the in-house Quality Assurance Department within S&MA. The various quality teams validate product compliance and integrity from Receiving Inspection through Integration & Test and launch activities. The Senior Manager is responsible for the following:
- Establishing and maintaining the internal quality assurance programs, procedures, and controls for all phases of production.
- Ensuring that performance and quality of products conform to established company standards necessary to maintain lasting consumer satisfaction.
- Managing the overhead and variable budgets allocated to the group and working with functional management to ensure budgets are appropriately established and maintained.
- Developing annual goals and objectives that are consistent with the Directorate’s vision and mission and regularly updating and communicating performance measures to indicate whether goals are being met.
- Properly coordinating resource allocation to ensure Program needs are met and department goals and objectives are actively worked to completion throughout the year.
- Ensuring Quality Assurance team has the necessary ISO training and OJT to perform their job functions efficiently and reliably.
- Ensuring proper development of employees (i.e. mentoring, career path development, etc.) including measurement of their performance and delivery of appropriate feedback, both positive and negative.
- Maintain oversight for review and approval of applicable procedures and standard practices related to the work center activities.
- Drive process improvement ideas to implementation phase.
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited 4-year institution or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 10 years of experience working with aerospace hardware. Must have in-depth knowledge of all aspects of manufacturing or production level quality.
- 3 years’ experience in a leadership role supervising/leading team of employees in a technical job function.
- Demonstrated experience as a member of a multi-functional management team.
- Previous experience managing budgets and personnel allocation for company or team.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft applications (Word and Excel) and willingness to learn new computer programs/applications.
- Proficient using TIPQA and Cost Point
- Excellent technical writing skills.
- Valid driver’s license
- Knowledge of reading engineering drawings
- Knowledge base in Lean Manufacturing Principles and/or Six Sigma Principles
- Current US Passport
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally.
Northrop Grumman is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products – and your ideas – into the future. You will be encouraged to think beyond the ordinary.
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Northrop Grumman is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 8-10 Years