Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Depot Repairs Manager
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems (NGIS) is currently seeking a Depot Repairs Manager to provide talent to our Defense Electronics Systems (DES) group in Northridge, CA.
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
This position is responsible for the management of Depot repairs, spares and associated demand forecasting, future product upgrades, development and implementation of additional Depot processes and procedures as required. Participate in the establishment and execution of a product sustainment plan that meets customer expectations for product readiness and reliability. Responsible for ensuring that NGIS is aligned and integrated across all elements of the Depot organization to include Engineering, Contracts, Finance, Quality, Operations, Supply Chain, Planning, Property Management, Support Equipment and Program Management. Establish and manage a cross-functional team focused on meeting budget and schedule contractual requirements.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Develop and update processes that govern our approach to Depot repairs and spares support for our military customers.
- Lead the cross functional Integrated Product Team.
- Provide daily repair status during site leadership meetings
- Support strategic development of product reliability improvement plans.
- Participate in engineering efforts to ensure reliability & maintainability improvements are integrated into product designs.
- Ensure we field products that are adequately and readily supportable with proper spares and depot repair turnaround times.
- Maintain a rapid reaction philosophy to customer demands and future needs.
- Continuously seek improvements to Depot efficiencies.
- Work with Program Management to develop Depot Plan(s) tailored to maximize weapons system readiness.
- Support the development and execution of a fleet management database with our military customers.
- Coordinate with the Test Equipment Program Manager to ensure Depot test equipment is maintained and the associated calibration program is on schedule.
- Support the preparation of proposals, budgets, terms & conditions of contracts to ensure Depot repairs and spares are properly addressed.
- Additional Functions: Other duties as assigned or required
- Schedule Management
- Oversee the development of project schedules and critical milestones
- Meet scheduled deliveries
- Company-Customer Interface
- Represent NGIS as a company with understanding of customer needs to promote NGIS
- Prepare presentations and present Depot repairs status at customer Program Management Reviews
- Represent the customer to NGIS (understanding the needs and requirements of the customer, and integrating this understanding into proposal development, program execution, and business strategy)
- Service the customer (executing the program and resolving issues in accordance with business objectives, strategy, legal requirements, regulations, contract terms, and company policies)
- Balance the interests of the customer, NGIS, and employees (ensuring stakeholder objectives are aligned)
Experience and Education Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in technical discipline or equivalent experience in a technical logistics leadership position, preferably on a DoD missile systems program.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a US Gov't issued DoD Secret clearance within a timeframe set forth by Mgmt. A current/active SECRET is preferred.
- 10 years of relevant experience - 5 years of relevant logistics experience as an individual contributor, preferably on a DoD missile system program AND 5 years of relevant team leadership experience, preferably on a DoD missile system program.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: 25-50%
Years of Experience: +10 Years