Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Sr. Staff Design Engineer - Aircraft Integration
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems is currently seeking a Sr. Staff Systems Design Engineer - Aircraft Integration to provide talent to our Defense Electronics Systems (DES) group in Northridge, CA.
Role description & Responsibilities:
Principle Systems Engineer and key technical contributor for systems development for tactical missile systems. Key responsibilities include:
- Systems Engineering for Weapons Systems – Requirements Development and Interface Management
- Weapon System / Aircraft Integration – Interface Requirements - Physical, Electrical, Logical – Qualification and Testing for Safe Separation, Environmental, Aero and Flutter – Experience with Aircraft Primes – Key Technical Interface to Customer
- System Design/System architecture development for aerospace systems including Systems Analysis, Trades, Design Verification, and Modeling & Simulation of complex, dynamic systems
- Well-versed, skilled and disciplined in system engineering processes
- Multi-disciplinary engineering skills, subject matter expertise in at least one area
- Model-based system engineering and/or system architecture experience desired
- Background in aerospace systems; basic understanding of missile systems, GNC, warheads, and survivability
- 10-14 years’ experience in systems and hi-tech product development
- Minimum B.S. engineering degree or related; M.S. preferred
- Must hold or qualify for a DoD Secret Clearance; Top Secret desired
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: 25-50%
Years of Experience: +10 Years