Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Associate Mechanical Engineer
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
The External Research and Development group is seeking a dynamic individual able to work in diverse research and testing environments. Tasks typically include additive manufacturing design, hands-on fabrication, finite element modeling, and computer aided drafting. Ideal candidate will have broad experience ranging from hands-on manufacturing, design, and mechanical analysis. An innovative mindset is critical. Candidate must be:
- Action-oriented with a positive attitude
- Passionate about providing engineering support to a variety of customers and objectives
- Accustomed to overcoming adversity in unique ways
- Willing to take charge when called upon
- Eager to present results and new ideas to internal and external forums
- Adaptable to changes in working environment and work tasks
- Acquainted with graphite/epoxy composite design and fabrication
- Able to work in small teams or individually
- Under sometimes minimal product definition, performs a variety of mechanical engineering tasks of an analysis, design, or test nature.
- Applies theoretical knowledge and engineering techniques to the solution of basic analytical engineering problems.
- Responds positively to all tasks.
- Makes thoughtful and valuable suggestions and recommendations for improving project outcomes.
- Perform design, analysis, fabrication, and/or test activities under the direction of senior engineering to support project objectives.
- Provide guidance to support personnel, such as designers and technicians to ensure that a project/program assignments meet established technical objectives.
- Document results of analysis, test, and design activities.
Education and Experience
BS in Engineering with preference for Mechanical and Aerospace.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 0-1 Year