Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Systems Engineer-IRBM/ICBM Program
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems is looking for a Systems Engineer to join our Systems Engineering Integration & Test team within Launch Vehicle Division at the Chandler, AZ facility.
Under guidance from the systems engineering team support maintenance of system requirements, specifications and the requirements verification data base. Implement changes to system and subsystem architecture models and run existing models and simulations to assess system performance.
- Implements and manages system requirement changes in the Requirements Management databases under direction of more experienced engineers.
- Revises and manages both original and revised specification/interface definition document and expedites documents through signature approval process.
- Manages the requirements verification database provided to the customer, to ensure, as the system design/build matures, that it satisfies each system requirement.
- Modifies management tracking reports for a variety of systems engineering performance parameters, resource metrics and design margins.
- May also be required to support proposal-writing efforts for Systems Engineering.
- Provides data to risk management (identifies potential risks) and trade study processes.
- Implements changes to Functional/Logical/Physical Model of System Architecture under direction and support of more experienced engineers.
- Implements System Representations under direction and support of more experienced engineers.
- Technical Resource Budgets and Configuration Control Board participation.
- Supports system design, analyses, interface verification, testing, failure/anomaly resolution or mission operations under direction of more experienced engineers.
- Implements and manages changes to system or subsystem analytical models under direction and support of more experienced engineers.
- Implements system architectures(s) that capture the system logical/functional views and captures the system physical view - system elements (blocks) and critical interfaces (internal and external).
- Supports the testing and/or evaluation/validation of one or more components of a system or subsystem analytical model or actual system implementation.
- Runs existing system or subsystem analytical models and simulations to collect data while under direction and support of more experienced engineers.
- Attends and prepares materials to supports system engineers during System Requirement Review, System Functional Review, Preliminary Design Review, Critical Design Review and System Verification Review.
- Supports trade studies, system sensitivity studies, design optimization studies, system performance assessments, system design assessments, Operations Analysis work such as mission analysis and timelines and conops development.
- Analyzes cost history for bidders from projects where directly involved.
Education and Experience
Requires BS in Engineering & 2 years or Masters Degree in Engineering.
Active DOD Security Clearance is strongly desired. Ability to obtain a security clearance is required.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 1-3 Years