Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people?s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation?s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work ? and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they?re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space
NGIS is currently seeking a Proposal Analyst at our Northridge, CA office.
- Prioritizing work on a variety of proposals at the same time.
- Partnering with the proposal managers and proposal teams to respond to customers RFPs.
- Reviewing RFPs and deriving material, labor and other requirements.
- Supporting Supply Chain Management (SCM) to develop a consolidated bill of material.
- Working with project engineers and program management to develop Basis of Estimates (BOEs) for labor hour and other cost estimates.
- Utilizing Propricer and supporting Excel files to develop price estimates.
- Preparing estimates and developing cost volumes in accordance with Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) for submission in response to RFPs and other estimates on cost-type and fixed price efforts.
- Gathering and organizing historical data for same or similar programs in support of proposals.
- Participating in the customer and supplier negotiation processes including customer, DCMA and DCAA fact-finding and audits.
- No clearance required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or other business degree.
- Intermediate proficiency in MS Office including Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Experience using Excel to create charts, graphs, pivots, etc.
- 2+ years of experience with a broad range of financial analysis activities with a medium level of complexity.
- Excellent analytical, verbal and written communication skills to accurately document, report, and present findings.
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Ability to prioritize and stay organized within a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently and in a cross functional team environment.
- US Citizen
- Knowledge of FAR, DFARs, CAS and TINA.
- 2+ years of experience with a broad range of financial analysis activities with a medium level of complexity in a manufacturing environment, or 2+ years of experience in government contracts, subcontracts, estimating and pricing, finance, or business administration in a (defense/aerospace) manufacturing environment, or 2+ years of experience conducting indirect rate evaluations or audits (G&A, Overhead, other administrative rates) and direct cost audits (material, labor wages, labor hours, other direct costs).
- General knowledge and competence in the concepts, principles and standard practices in costing and pricing.
- Knowledge of Propricer or other estimating tool.
- Understanding of pricing and purchasing theories, concepts and principles; and experience demonstrating a broad application of these concepts.
- Exposure/experience in cost/price analysis supporting Department of Defense (DOD) programs, and interface with government auditing agencies (DCAA/DCMA).
- Continuing education courses in government contracts, supply chain management, estimating and pricing, finance, or business administration.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 1-3 Years
Expertise: AGMA, Business Analysis, Finance