Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Cost Price Analyst
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people?s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation?s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work ? and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they?re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
- Conduct in depth analysis of proposals to evaluate fair and reasonableness using Cost & Price analysis quantitative techniques per the FAR and DFAR.
- Establish reasonableness of cost and pricing; participate in cost and pricing reviews with management, customer and supplier representatives; generating price and cost analysis reports providing recommended price positions to support negotiations with customer and suppliers; and identifying risks and opportunities to the cost estimate.
- Conduct supplier statistical price analysis and audits of subcontractor cost proposals (at subcontractor locations as needed) to review basis of estimates and source documentation verifying proposal cost estimates for single/sole sourced procurements, as per FAR parts 15 and 31.
- Apply learning curve, rate adjusted learning curve, and or other improvement curve statistical analysis to historical data.
- Ability to calculate direct, indirect cost rates.
- Prepare recommendations on negotiation objectives concerning cost, profit, and price.
- Analyze forecasted price trends, economic factors, and efficiencies in production for future accounting periods.
- Prioritizing work on a variety of proposals at the same time.
- Partner with the proposal managers and proposal teams to respond to customers RFPs.
- Review RFPs and derive material, labor and other requirements.
- Support Supply Chain Management (SCM) development of RFP/RFQs; work with SCM, vendors and subcontractors to develop a consolidated bill of material.
- Prepare estimates and develop cost volumes in accordance with FAR for submission in response to RFPs and other estimates on cost-type and fixed price efforts.
- Gathering and organizing historical data for same or similar programs in support of proposals.
- Participating in the customer and supplier negotiation processes including customer, DCMA and DCAA fact-finding and audits.
- Working Knowledge of FAR, DFAR, CAS, TINA and other Government procurement regulations as they pertain to bid/costing proposals.
- Experience with supplier negotiations and associated procurement documentation.
- Experience in bidding to different contract types (FFP, CPFF, CPIF, CPAF, T&M).
- Ability to work both independently and in a dynamic team environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or other business degree.
- 5+ years’ experience with a broad range of financial analysis activities.
- 5+ years’ experience in government contracts, subcontracts, estimating and pricing, finance, or business administration in a (defense/aerospace) manufacturing environment.
- 5+ years’ experience conducting indirect rate evaluations or audits (G&A, Overhead, other administrative rates) and direct cost audits (material, labor wages, labor hours, other direct costs).
- General knowledge and competence in the concepts, principles and standard practices in costing and pricing.
- Experience applying learning curve, rate adjusted learning curve, and or other improvement curve statistical analysis to historical data.
- Experience and understanding of statistical analysis and limitations thereof (sample size implications, statistical power, forecast error, etc.)
- Proficiency in MS Office including Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Knowledge of FAR, DFARs, CAS and TINA.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to accurately document, report, and present findings.
- Strong Analytical, problem solving, math skills.
- Good collaboration skills with proven ability to perform multiple tasks efficiently and accurately to meet deadlines.
- Comprehension of the FAR Part 15 and 31.
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Ability to prioritize and stay organized within a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently and in a cross functional team environment.
- US Citizen.
- Advance excel experience with charts, graphs, pivots, and learning curves.
- Understanding of pricing and purchasing theories, concepts and principles; and experience demonstrating a broad application of these concepts.
- Exposure/experience in cost/price analysis supporting Department of Defense (DOD) programs, and interface with government auditing agencies (DCAA/DCMA).
- Negotiation experience a plus.
- Clearance, or the ability to obtain clearance.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 5-8 Years