Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Software Configuration Management Lead
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Perform and/or manage all SCM tasks, including:
- Developing and maintaining SCM plans, procedures and estimates
- Developing and documenting the software development and control processes to be contained in the Software Development Plan (SDP)
- Reviewing and approving the SDP
- Providing SCM guidance and assistance to project teams
- Supporting software design reviews - PDR, CDR, TRR
- Participating in software team status meetings
- Implementing SCM practices on all flight, ground, and simulation software
- Administering and improving the automated configuration management tools (Subversion/Razor)
- Administering and improving the automated problem tracking tools (Trac/Razor/Jira)
- Reproducing and verifying SW build processes
- Generating the Software Media Description and coordinating the release with CDM
- Conducting software and documentation configuration audits
- Developing monthly metrics
- Participating in internal/external SCM audits
- Supporting all SEPG and CMMI related activities
- Coordinating SCM team tasking
- Playing a key role in the organizational migration to Atlassian SCM/ALM tools (Jira, Confluence, Bamboo, etc)
Education and Experience
Generally requires BS & 9 years or equivalent combination of education & experience.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 5-8 Years
Expertise: Information Technology