Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Sr. Asset Assistant
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems is currently recruiting for a Sr Asset Assistant located at our Promontory, Utah facility.
Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Record Maintenance of property owned by government, company, and associate contractors in accordance with company procedure and government regulations.
- Maintains records of assets received, transferred, allocated, held and disposition as required and completes the appropriate reports per procedural process
- Verifies asset markings and/or applies identification tags to assets.
- Conducts periodic physical inventories, to include material cycle counting; and prepares reports of asset status and updates associated records with results
- Supports shipping and internal movement activities of assets and maintains asset management system records.
- Supports asset management tasks through use of asset management software and other administrative tools. Maintains thorough and accurate records or procedures, audits, historical actions, and other official records.
- Interacts and maintains good working relationship with internal/external customers and Asset Management team to resolve compliance issues and find resolutions.
- Assists with internal and external asset and material audits, adhering to and enforcing all regulations, policies, and safety procedures
- Associate’s degree (Business/Accounting preferred) or equivalent experience and 4+ years’ experience in Asset Management life cycle compliance related outcomes (i.e. Acquisition, Shipping/Receiving, Physical Inventory, Record keeping, Reports, Maintenance records, and Disposition of assets.
- Knowledge of DoD, FAR, DFARS, NASA, ISO and industry leading practices for asset management standards and regulations background (preferred)
- Able to work independently with limited supervision and resolve problems not routine in nature
- Ability to accurately count and record data and compile/generate reports
- Plans and manages time to ensure property management information is collected and organized on or before required due date(s).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Basic computer skills
- Valid Driver’s license
- National Property Management Association certification (CPPS preferred but not required)
- Security regulations require that the individual must be a U.S. Citizen and must have the ability to obtain a DoD security clearance (EP)
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 3-5 Years