Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people?s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation?s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work ? and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they?re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman is currently seeking an experienced Calibration Technician to provide calibration services to our Metrology team at our Promontory, Utah office.
Role description & Responsibilities:
- Successful candidate will work independently to perform a wide range of Electronic calibration tasks.
- Install, set-up, and maintain electronic and mechanical equipment used in the manufacture and checking of precision manufactured products.
- Assist with setting-up calibration and system and diagnostic procedures for all measuring equipment.
- Verify calibration of measuring equipment and repair as needed. Diagnose and correct malfunctioning equipment.
- Maintain calibration system with traceability to National Bureau of Standards.
Other desired requirements include:
- Experience in electronics and precision hand tools is preferred.
- Experience with reading blueprints, specifications, and shop mathematics is also required.
- Experience in working with measuring instruments and developing circuitry.
- Experience with machine controls, fabrication, automation and robotics.
- Physical demand involves standing or moving about the plant more than half the time.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office or equivalent productivity suites currently in use by the company.
- Associates degree in Electrical, Electronics or Engineering Technology.
- 2+ years of experience working in a manufacturing industry is preferred.
- Ability to lift 40 pounds
- Medically and physically able to obtain a CDL license
- Experience in both Repairs, Product Service and Electronics troubleshooting which includes troubleshooting down to the component level.
- The ideal candidate will have strong experience in reading schematics, wiring diagrams, assembly drawings, performing test/calibration procedures and asking the right questions for diagnostics.
- In addition, the candidate must possess the ability to interact with Design Engineers within the organization, for any advice and questions regarding the various products we design and manufacture for which the candidate will be troubleshooting and repairing.
- A proven performer with 10 plus years of directly related experience in electronic calibration may be substituted for post high school education.
- Experience is needed in having used a wide variety of Testing and Measurement Equipment (off the shelf and custom) and with being proficient with many types of hand tools (mostly Electronics), in addition to light mechanical tools as well.
- Being both organized and Computer literate is necessary as all Work Orders, repair actions, etc., are provided by calibration software.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 1-3 Years