Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people?s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation?s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work ? and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they?re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman currently has a full-time opportunity for a photographer who also has an interest in media production, at the Promontory, Utah facility
Northrop Grumman is looking for a professional photographer/videographer with experience in industrial photography and a background in video shooting. The ideal candidate will have some experience in media production or interest and aptitude for gaining media production skills.
Roles & Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Shoot still photography and video of people and processes, in studio settings and industrial production areas
- Set up, operate, and maintain professional still photo and video cameras and equipment
- Help establish and maintain standards for camera settings, shooting methods, and storage and archive processes
- Edit photos and maintain photo library using Adobe Photoshop and Lightroom
- Plan and manage multiple projects simultaneously, including tracking production schedules, and planning shoots based on these production schedules
- Communicate/coordinate effectively with co-workers and customers
- Experienced in portrait, event, and marketing photography
- Able to lift at least 50 lbs of equipment and materials
Experience & Technical Skills:
- Shoot the highest quality photos and video in industrial settings and at events
- Manage/direct still and video shoots, including directing on-camera employees
- Experience in studio and field-based still and video production lighting design and set-up i.e. strobe lighting (Speedotron, Dynanite), LED and tungsten
- Must have strong still photography and image processing skills
- Experience shooting in low light conditions
- Adept at working on both Mac and Windows platforms
- Expertise with professional still photography and video cameras, equipment and techniques
- Effective communication and ability to direct people during still photography, video shoots in industrial settings and at events.
- Willing to travel to various Northrop Grumman facilities, in Utah and other states
- BA Degree in media arts, film/television, or a related field plus 2-4 years related experience
Other Skills preferred but not required:
- Video editing
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite - especially Premiere, Photoshop’ Illustrator
- Experience in motion design/animation
- Proficient with Adobe After Effects
- Experience with audio recording equipment and techniques
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 3-5 Years