Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Princ Simulation Software Engineer
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems is currently seeking a Principal Software Engineer in Northridge, CA to develop simulation software for missile systems. Relocation assistance, while not guaranteed, may be available.
As a simulation software engineer, you will perform hardware-in-the-loop (HIL) or PC-based defense system simulation software development activities, including planning, design, testing, and analysis of mission critical platforms (vehicles, sensors, and/or communications). You may be responsible for leading project activities as well as actual hands-on lab work and live testing support. As a team member, you will be conducting system design analysis, systems performance prediction, systems integration, software testing, and hardware/software integration. You will be responsible for developing, performing and executing test plans and procedures allocated to software and simulation; software unit testing, simulation testing, and hardware integration.
- Perform PC-based or HIL system simulation for aerospace systems, vehicles, sensors, and/or communications systems
- Assist Systems Engineering in the development and review of software requirements
- Software simulation planning, including test planning
- Work closely with analysts to plan tests, implement simulations, and analyze data
- Support software integration activities in the lab and in the field
- Perform simulation verification and validation activities
- Conduct system performance assessments and analysis in support of system design, performance verification, and testing
- Follow CMMI Level 3 process throughout the software development lifecycle
Required Education and Experience
- BS in Computer Science or related Engineering/Math/Physics discipline
- 7+ years of related experience
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a US Gov't issued Secret clearance within a timeframe set forth by Management (US Citizenship required)
- Experience with full software life cycle, including requirement analysis, design, code, test, documentation
- Experience with C++ and C programming languages
Preferred Education and Experience
- MS/PhD in Computer Science or related Engineering/Math/Physics discipline
- Background in Aerospace, missile, satellite, avionics sensor suite, avionic interface, GNC (Guidance, Navigation, and Control), radar sensors, infrared sensors, EW (electronic warfare)
- Experience with Matlab
- Experience or familiarity with UML concept and tools
- Experience with common laboratory test equipment (oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, power supplies, etc.)
- Experience with testing in the lab and RF chamber
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: 25-50%
Years of Experience: 5-8 Years