Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Sr. Software Engineer
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people?s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation?s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work ? and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they?re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Based on specific objectives, contribute to the development, creation, and modification of computer applications software. Analyze user needs and develop software solutions. Design software or customize software for client use with the aim of optimizing operational efficiency. Provides technical leadership to junior members of a development/test team.
- The candidate for this position will be responsible for the design and implementation of embedded software through the full software life cycle for avionics systems. This includes the development of software plans, requirement specifications, and design documentation as well as participating in software process activities including peer reviews, integration testing, qualification testing, and software version control.
Education and Experience
- Current/active Secret clearance or the ability to obtain one within a timeframe set forth by management (US citizenship required).
- BS in Computer Science/Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Physics, or Mathematics
- Minimum 4-6 years of experience in software development
- Object Oriented (OO) software development experience with the C++ programming language
- Experience in embedded real-time software development, debug, and test
- Experience with real time operating systems (RTOS) environments
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with full software development lifecycle
- Experience with PowerPC processors
- Working knowledge of hardware/software analysis tools (debuggers, logic analyzers, oscilloscopes, emulators, etc)
- Experience with CMMI or equivalent software development process
- Experience with UML in developing design models, Rhapsody tool preferred
- Experience with 232/485, 1553, 10.4, Ethernet interfaces
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: 25-50%
Years of Experience: 3-5 Years
Expertise: Information Technology