Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Principal Embedded Software Engineer
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems is currently seeking a Principal Software Engineer in Northridge, CA. Relocation assistance, while not guaranteed, may be available.
Embedded software development engineer with strong math background needed to implement guidance, navigation, and control (GNC) simulation code into an embedded system. The candidate must be able to work closely and communicate accurately with the GNC analysts during software design, implementation, integration, and testing. The candidate will be the primary point of contact between the GNC analysts and the software team.
- Implementing GNC algorithms into an embedded software system, including hardware/software integration and performance of software testing
- Assess GNC impact upon the current software architecture/design; update existing requirements and design documentation
- Act as the point of contact between the GNC analysts and the software team
- Follow CMMI Level 3 process throughout the software development lifecycle
Required Education and Experience
- BS in Computer Science or related Engineering/Math/Physics discipline
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a US Gov't issued Secret clearance within a timeframe set forth by Management (US Citizenship required)
- 7-10 years real-time embedded programming experience in C++
Preferred Education and Experience
- MS in Computer Science or related Engineering/Math/Physics discipline
- Working knowledge of Guidance, Navigation, and Control
- Unified Modeling Language (UML): Rational Rhapsody or similar tool
- Software configuration control: StarTeam or similar tool
- Familiarity with the CMMI and associated standards and guidelines
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: 25-50%
Years of Experience: 8-10 Years