Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Associate Software Engineer
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems is currently seeking an Associate Software Engineer in Northridge, CA. Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
Under close direction, assist in the development, creation, modification, and troubleshooting of computer applications software and test stations used in production-level testing. Additional activities include generating test scripts, running simulations, simple data analysis, updating test documentation, and creating test reports.
- Develop and maintain Windows-based test software for production test stations
- Generate test scripts
- Troubleshoot test stations/test software
- Run simulations and perform data analysis
- Update software documentation, generate test reports
- Perform software integration and software release
Required Education and Experience
- BS in Engineering discipline
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a US Gov't issued Secret clearance within a timeframe set forth by Management (US Citizenship required.)
Preferred Education and Experience
- BS in Computer Science/Engineering, Electrical Engineering
- Familiarity or experience in object-oriented design
- Experience with the C/C++/C# programming languages
- Experience with MATLAB and Labview a plus
- Familiarity or experience with software development lifecycle
- Familiarity with common laboratory test equipment (oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, power supplies, etc.)
- Ability to read and understand schematics and vendor-provided technical documentation
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 0-1 Year