Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Associate Software Engineer
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems is currently seeking an Associate Software Engineer in Northridge, CA. Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
Perform HIL or PC based defense system simulation software development activities. In this role as a simulation software developer, you will support planning, design, testing and analysis of mission critical platforms, including vehicles, sensors, and/or communications. As a team member you will be supporting system design, development, performance prediction, systems integration, software testing and hardware/software integration. You will be responsible for software unit testing, hardware integration, simulation verification and validation, system performance modeling, system performance assessment..
- Simulation of aerospace systems, vehicles, sensors, and/or communications
- Simulation analysis with potential for hands-on lab experiences and/or live-testing support
- Operates with guidance from by a senior lead engineer
- Follow Software Development Plan
- Follow Software Requirement Specification
- Understand top-level requirement and requirements allocated to software
- Perform software implementation, support design reviews as directed by software lead
- Interface with analysts to convert algorithms into code, perform model validation, and system performance assessment
- Develop software and conduct code reviews
- Execute of test plans and procedures allocated to software and simulation
- Perform software unit testing, simulation testing, and hardware-software integration
- Interface with analysts to plan tests and analyze data
- Interface with hardware engineers to address hardware issues
12. Support software integration activities in the lab and in the field
- Interface with I&T team to support testing and analyze test results
Required Education and Experience
- BS in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, or other sciences
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a US Gov't issued Secret clearance within a timeframe set forth by Management (US Citizenship required.)
- Ability to work within with full software life cycle, including requirement analysis, design, code, test, documentation
- Experience with C++ programming language
- Good verbal and written communication skills
Preferred Education and Experience
- Background in Aerospace, missile, satellite, avionics sensor suite, avionic interface, GNC (Guidance, Navigation, and Control), radar sensors, EW (electronic warfare)
- Experience with mathematics, particularly statistics or physical equations
- Experience with Visual Studio
- Experience with Matlab and Simulink
- Experience with software simulation and algorithm conversion
- Experience with testing in the lab and chamber
- Experience or familiarity with UML concept and tools
- Ability to follow software process CMMI level 3 to conduct software development activities
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 0-1 Year