Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Sr. Mgr Program Ops – Huntsville, AL Site Lead
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people?s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation?s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work ? and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they?re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
The Sr. Program Manager of Operations will provide operational focus (Cost, Quality, Schedule) for their assigned program. The candidate will be responsible for the overall Operational performance for the lifecycle of their assigned program. This includes proposal through launch/delivery.
- Lead all proposal efforts for the operations team
- Establish and execute all Operations Plans including material, manufacturing, and I&T
- Change agent to improve material flow and empowerment within I&T utilizing lean practices and visual management
- Develop assembly and manpower forecast
- Establish methodology to ensure daily, weekly, and monthly objectives are achieved
- Cost Account Management (CAM)
- Additional duties include, but are not limited to, focal to provide direction for office management including procurement authorizations, physical security (badging, alarm system and intrusion detection system for both closed area and building access), building maintenance issues, comsec material accountability, information assurance direction, closed area management, local IS network support as required, PO box management, business license and property tax statements, office layouts/seat assignments, personnel issues including hiring/firing/performance/discipline, local BD focal, VIP focal, local employee welfare events, community outreach programs, Chamber of Commerce events, audit focal for AS9100, financial, customer and any other type of audit performed, site safety plan approvals, local capital equipment forecasting, participate in coordinating mission/field support, customer focal for program operations, customer focal, inclement weather focal.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering, Business or Related Field
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well with all levels in the organization
- Very strong MS Project, Excel, Power Point and Word skills
- Previous experience leading a multi discipline team
- Previous experience implementing lean projects
- Experience managing a Product line preferred
- BS/BA degree in Engineering or related field is required plus 14 years of experience.
- 14 years experience in a Program or Operations environment is preferred.
- This position will require FOUO.
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
DoD Security Clearance is Required.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: 25-50%
Years of Experience: +10 Years