Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Supervisor Program I&T Operations - Chandler/Dulles
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people?s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation?s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work ? and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they?re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
- Strong project management, planning and supply chain management skills.
- Liaison for Design Group assemblies and manufacturing operations, including buyers, planners, suppliers, quality, engineering, and program management
- Represent Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems in Quarterly Business Reviews with Contract Manufacturer
- Oversee all activities needed to meet program requirements and maintain link between various functions including Purchasing, Logistics, Planning, Quality, Engineering and Operations
- Understand basic technical knowledge of the assigned Program
- Maintain good working relationship with contract manufacturer
- Identify and drive approval of alternate contract manufacturing source to mitigate schedule risk and provide competition
- Identify and mitigate program risks as they pertain to material requirements (long lead component materials)
- Challenge business impediments to excellence and continuous improvement
- Coordinate with programs and prepare material requirements and budget proposal (lot procurement) to support forecasted program requirements
- Focal point for Material Basis of Estimates for proposal team
Basic Qualifications to Succeed:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Business or Related Field and 7 years of related experience
- Must be able to exercise influence and lead others
- Ability to make independent decisions, be self-motivated, possess excellent communications skills, detail-oriented, and team player
- Communicate clearly, and excel in a fast paced environment
- Ability to be flexible, innovative, work with speed and agility to drive tasks to completion
- Intermediate user with Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Project, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to travel domestically
- Strong Program Management Skills
- Integrated Product Team experience
- Deltek/Costpoint experience
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 5-8 Years