Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Princ. Capture/Proposal Manager
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people?s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation?s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work ? and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they?re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems (NGIS) Special Mission Aircraft (SMA) is searching for a Capture/Proposal Manager at our Rockwall, TX site to lead capture/proposal efforts in order to secure new or re-compete contracts; or task order business. Develops capture/proposal strategy including business solution for pursuit of opportunities; identifies potential customers; competitive assessments; teaming suppliers; and prices-to-win; participates in bid and proposal activities. The Capture Manager is responsible for developing solutions and new business capture of Sustainment programs for SMA.
The Capture/Proposal Manager will be responsible for capture, the production, management and direction of all proposal activity generated for the sustainment product line. The Capture/Proposal Manager is accountable for timely submission of proposals compliant to FAR and internal requirements for multiple sustainment customers.
The Capture Manager (CM) is responsible for developing and executing a strategic and systematic approach to increasing work content in SMA. The CM is responsible for winning businesses opportunities; as assigned. Once you’re assigned you will oversee the opportunity pursuit through award, unless a decision is made to no-bid it somewhere along the line. As the CM you will manage/oversee bid strategies, pricing, teaming, and proposal strategies with a major focus on managing the transition from opportunity discovery through proposal process with a handoff to the execution PM where the opportunity is closed. You will assist BD in selling the opportunity internally as well as to the customer. You will identify the resources required to pursue a bid, establishes any infrastructures required, processes, and plans necessary, and manages their execution. You are expected to stay close to our business and understand all current/future aspects of program management, contracts, and proposal development
The Capture/Proposal Manager serves as the primary lead for proposals, and manages multi-disciplined, cross-functional teams. Reviews, understands and responds to customer tenders, and requests for information, quotes and proposals. Plans, schedules, and oversees all proposal development efforts in response to Requests for Proposals (RFPs), and international tender requests. Applies proposal and project management techniques in the preparation, production, and delivery of winning quality technical and cost proposals. Manages matrix teams to assign and ensure the completion of all writing assignments, and to compile and/or edit corporate information, personnel requirements, resumes, and past performance descriptions. Coordinates with Product Line managers for optimum presentation of technical information in a professional manner. Works with business development managers to support execution of their win strategies.
- Determining B&P budget required to capture an assigned opportunity
- Managing the capture process for assigned pursuit(s), including the development/coordination of Win Strategies
- Updating of the opportunity-specific Capture Plan(s)
- Identifying relevant and qualified team members and/or subcontractors; coordinating development and execution of teaming/subcontract agreements
- Develop and maintain customer relationships
- Securing proposal resources (i.e., Volume Managers, Authors, Subject Matter Experts, etc.)
- Organizes and leads proposal kick-off meetings and color team reviews.
- Preparing, coordinating, and presenting reviews to senior leadership of the company
- Developing, in cooperation with the Capture Team, proposal themes and messages
- Coordinate all activities through initial kick-off meeting, internal status reviews and price review meetings
- Analyze, evaluate and assure reasonableness, adequacy and responsiveness of data to RFP
- Obtain assistance from other departments (Engineering, Supply Chain, Operations, Estimating, Contracts, and Compliance) as required to prepare the proposal
- Guiding the development of pricing strategy
- Reviewing and approving proposal documents/material (i.e., outlines and assignments) prior to Pink and Red Team reviews
- Develop proposal estimating strategies and ensure all proposals meet both the customer and internal requirements
- Provide timely, compliant and accurate proposals and establish and maintain proposal schedules
- Develop and manage system and technical solution offering for in conjunction with Engineering.
- Organizes proposal responses, analyzes the solicitation materials, develops the proposal framework and compliance matrix, and assigns proposal preparation tasks
- Works closely with other personnel (e.g. Contracts, Finance, and Service) to assign tasks, track status, and manage performance among the proposal team
- Develops proposals in accordance with RFP requirements, and as required, coordinates cost, schedule and performance
- Compiling Lessons Learned Report following completion of proposal activities
- Support Contracts Manager as required in fact-finding, negotiations and certification
Bachelor's degree or equivalent is required.
Must have minimum of 9 years of relevant Capture and/or Proposal Management experience.
Demonstrated leadership experience in pursuit and capture of new business, especially systems integration programs
Excellent customer facing skills
Excellent written & oral communication skills and ability to interface with senior management, functional departments & customers. The ability to work in a team environment and display professionalism essential
OTHER SKILLS & ABILITIES
Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Must be a self-motivated, high energy, organized individual with excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize to meet critical deadlines
Security Clearance is not required initially; candidate may need to eventually apply for a Secret Clearance
BS in Technical Discipline preferred
Prior program management experience and/or a technical background is desired
Prior knowledge and experience in responding to RFPs and a proven track record of successful proposal leadership Understanding of the Government procurement process and requirements is desired Understanding of the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and how it applies to the development of proposals Government contracts experience is desired
Experience working with international clients and partners, exports, and channel partners, distributors, and resellers vetting
Experience with US government and commercial contracting preferred
One (1) or more years experience developing and implementing capture plans; AND a proven track record of working closely with internal company employees to collaboratively deliver solutions to meet business needs. Strong analytical skills with high degree of detail orientation.
Active US Government Security Clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 8-10 Years