Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Senior Financial Analyst
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems is currently seeking a Sr. Financial Analyst for our Northridge, CA location.
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people?s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation?s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work ? and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they?re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems (NGIS) designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
This position is within the Financial Planning and Analysis group. It involves high level, detailed analysis of financial reports for internal senior leadership. The candidate will be required to work in a team environment as well as independently to analyze data, generate financial reports, resolve problems, and provide guidance, and analysis in a time sensitive environment.
- Provide Finance support to all discretionary expenditures including Bid & Proposal, Internal Research and Development, and Selling (develop monthly cost forecasts; and provide weekly/monthly cost analysis and reporting to the program managers & business development teams):
- Participate in the preparation of budgets and schedules for all discretionary expenditures and perform and/or assist in financial analysis such as funding profiles, cost outlook, and variance analysis.
- Analyze actual cost details to ensure proper charging.
- Help develop forecasts of future costs based on historical actuals, program status and management plans.
- Apply independent judgment and critical thinking to evaluate historical cost and future estimates.
- Interface and coordinate project status from a variety of professional functions: Business Development, Engineering, Supply Chain Management, Human Resources, etc., and with various levels within the organization.
- Prepare and post monthly, year-end and ad hoc journal entries.
- Investigate deviations from plan and unusual results.
- Additionally the position supports the following areas:
- Preparation of monthly operational review packages.
- Quarterly balance sheet reporting requirements.
- Quarterly and annual external filing requirements.
- Quarterly program EAC reviews
- Weekly cash management reports and analysis
- Department Sarbanes Oxley compliance
- Perform special finance/accounting projects as required.
- BS degree in Finance, Accounting or equivalent degree and minimun 5 years' experience within an aerospace / government contracting environment is required.
- Familiarity with Deltek Costpoint, Cognos and TM-1 is a plus.
- Must have:
- Advanced Excel/Presentation skills.
- Extensive background in Finance and Cash Management.
- Ability to work with individuals in other geographic locations
- Ability to translate, present, and communicate complicated financial information into understandable and executable strategic plans.
- Strong organizational skills with excellent communication skills, strategically focused, detail oriented, and have ability to effortlessly multi-task in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 5-8 Years