Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Sr. Program Manager
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
The Program Manager is responsible to deliver the expected technical, financial, and schedule performance per their internal and external customer requirements and for providing leadership of cross-functional program teams.
- Execute project management for DoD Projects, Programs and/or Missions including integrated milestone schedule (IMS) management, earned value management system (EVMS-lite) management and daily issue resolution.
- Serve as single point contact with Customer PM(s) and insure contractual obligations are fulfilled (Status Reports, Data Products, Deliverable Hardware and Software, etc)
- Provide oversight, technical direction, mentoring and guidance across multi-discipline engineering, manufacturing and test team. Manage, control, and administer the successful performance of technical tasks. Resolve programmatic and technical problems that would affect cost, schedule, and system performance. Manage the resolution of component and supplier issues.
- Represent the program as required in technical interchange meetings, program reviews and management boards with the customers, payloads, launch vehicle providers, launch ranges, mission operators and senior management.
- Provide weekly written reports on project status, including accomplishments, issues and near term events as well as at monthly reviews.
- Respond to RFIs, RFPs, and ECPs as required for new business.
- Candidate must have a minimum of 15 years of related experience
- Candidates should have a broad understanding of U.S. Government aerospace products/systems and/or missions/operations as well as experience in leading project teams.
- U.S. Citizen with active Top Secret security clearance
- Ability to Travel (~1 trip/month)
- Demonstrated proficiency in planning, scheduling, risk management and requirements management
- Leading project teams involved with U.S. Government spacecraft, ground systems and mission operations including design, integration and test.
- Detailed knowledge and experience in at least one of the following: Spacecraft Design, Spacecraft/Component Integration and Test (I&T), Payload design and I&T, Launch Vehicle Integration, Space Mission Operations, Space Ground Systems.
- Bachelor of Science degree in engineering or physics
- Advance degree preferred (Masters of Science or MBA)
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: +10 Years