Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems in is currently seeking a Test Engineer for our Northridge, CA location
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems (NGIS) designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
- Troubleshoot and maintain test stations/equipment
- Design test equipment from concept to development and integration
- Develop hardware using Xilinx and Altera FPGA development toolsets.
- Perform hardware test and integration in a laboratory environment using a variety of test equipment including Oscilloscopes, Logic Analyzers, and DMMs.
- Create test plans and test procedures
- Develop specifications and requirements.
- Support program Engineering and software Configuration Change Board (CCB).
- Support Integrated Product Team (IPT) meetings and reviews
Education and Experience
- BS degree in Engineering and minimum 2 years of experience.
- Current/Active DoD Secret Clearance OR the ability to obtain one; must be a US Citizen
- Experience in test equipment design, troubleshooting, and testing.
- Experience in analog and digital designs including evaluation of engineering design concepts.
- Experience with RTL/FPGA and HW product design and development.
- Proficient using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, Visio).
- Ability to use and collect test data using Digital Storage Oscilloscopes, Digital Multimeters, Logic Analyzers, Software Based Debugging tools, In-Circuit Emulators, RF Network Analyzers, Spectrum Analyzers, and Signal Generators.
- Ability to read and interpret military requirements, specifications, and Engineering drawings/schematics.
- Ability to study and understand complex electronics/mechanical systems.
- Familiarity with Printed Wire Board and Circuit Card Assembly processes (schematic capture, layout, fabrication, assembly) from concept through design and production
- Must be able to sustain products through end-of-life, including obsolescence management.
- Proven ability to follow company processes and procedures.
- Ability to create or review presentations, emails, white papers, trade studies, and reports for content and accuracy.
- Knowledge of programming languages including C/C++ strongly desired.
- Sound interpersonal skills and an ability to build effective working relationships with customers, coworkers, and vendors.
- Effectively communicate findings to customers and management.
- Self-starter capable of performing assigned tasks with minimal direction.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 1-3 Years