Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Buyer - Supply Chain Administration
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems is currently seeking a Buyer - Supply Chain Administration to provide talent to our Defense Electronics Systems (DES) group in Fort Worth, TX.
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Under close supervision, procure materials, equipment and commodity products of low complexity and value purchase orders. Typically, commercial off the shelf items (COTS) are procured but commodity assignment may change based on the job experience/knowledge. Prepare bids, evaluate bids, select suppliers and negotiate price, delivery, quality and service. Manage supplier performance from issuance of order through close-out. Interface with Supply Chain Management, Program Planners, Quality, Receiving and Program Management. Signature authority commensurate with level of experience and responsibility as defined in the Group's Authorized Signature List and would require delegation of authority for any order greater than signature authority, when required.
- Reviews Costpoint Purchase Requisitions for completeness and obtains additional information considered necessary.
- Under close supervision, prepares Request for Quotation (RFQ) and identifies sources eligible to receive RFQ for simple and routine procurement requirements.
- Under close supervision, evaluates suppliers' quotes/proposals for compliance with RFQ/RFP and fact-finds suppliers' proposals.
- Under close supervision, participates in the source selection team for competitive procurements.
- Under close supervision, performs a price analysis to determine price reasonableness.
- Under close supervision, negotiates with suppliers on price, schedule. terms and conditions, and any other contractual requirements.
- Under close supervision, make purchase order awards to suppliers and documents the purchase order folders in accordance with the local procurement policies and procedures, including order placements against a Blanket Agreement.
- Manages supplier performance during the performance period , including but not limited to following-up on orders placed to verify delivery and/or resolve any contractual issues.
Education and Experience
Generally requires BS & 2 years or equivalent combination of education & experience.
Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
CPSR experience, Costpoint, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 1-3 Years