Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman - Innovation Systems is currently seeking an experienced Logistician to provide support to our Armament Systems Division team in our Mesa, AZ office.
We are seeking a Logistician to support an international program. The primary responsibilities of this position will be in support of shipping, transportation and logistics as well as project comSavemunication. This position will include significant overlap with major subcontractor coordination, export / import compliance, and packaging.
Roles / Responsibilities:
- Dedicated support to a large international program spanning responsibilities across transportation, major subcontractor coordination, export / import compliance, packaging, and project communication
- Collaborates closely with our shipping / freight vendors on all aspects of shipping for the program
- Build rapport with our international partners and major subcontractors to support shipping and logistics efforts
- Prepare and package hazardous and non-hazardous materials for shipment
- Completion and coordination of forms to record measurement, weight, quantity, and value
- Seal and label pallets and containers for transportation, requires working closely with our translation services team
- Control Account Manager responsibility for the entire transportation and logistics budget
- Manage all post shipment activities such as recordkeeping, reporting requirements, approvals for data exports and international shipping authorizations
- Supporting, coordinating, and participating in project stakeholder meetings to include accountability for maintaining action item lists
- Documenting and following up on important actions and decisions from meetings
- Ensuring project adheres to work instructions and all documentation is maintained appropriately
- Track and monitor project assets bailed to external users as well as inter-company transfers
- Assist program management in tracking and driving operations build schedule
- Experience in the preparation of export documentation for overseas shipment pursuant to the Arms Export Control Act, International Traffic in Arms Regulation, (ITAR), and U.S. Department of Commerce
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team in an organized manner
- Exceptional verbal, written and presentation skills
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Provide formal presentations in meetings and training environments
- Displays poise and professionalism in correspondences with management, employees, customers and vendors related to logistics compliance
- Demonstrated ability to manage budgets and cost control
- Bachelor’s Degree with four plus years of experience in relevant field (e.g. Trade Compliance, Logistics, Warehouse, Business Management, Contracts, Program Management, etc.) OR
- 5-7 years Logistics, Shipping/Receiving experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of ITAR and EAR
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to relate and communicate with employees at all levels of the company
- Ability to work through tight deadlines in an ambiguous environment
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 5-8 Years