Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Senior Test Engineer
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems in Northridge, CA is currently looking for a Senior Test Engineer for their Test and Manufacturing Engineering group.
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems (NGIS) designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
- Candidate will support the development of a Test Program, including development of the Test Plan, Test Requirements Documents, Test Procedures and create Test Reports.
- Candidate will support an Integrated Product Team (IPT) for the Test and Evaluation Working Group.
- Candidate will perform acceptance tests on complex missile electronics including functional analog and digital tests as well as engineering evaluation tests.
- Candidate will perform complex RF performance testing of high frequency radar systems and passive radar signal receivers.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience and a B.S. Degree in Electrical or Systems Engineering or related field from an accredited university.
- Experience with closed loop servo systems used for radar antenna pointing / target tracking
- Experience with high frequency (W-band) radar transmitters and receivers.
- Experience with test equipment, test automation scripting, test conduction, sensor control
- Troubleshooting hardware and process issues down to CCA and component levels
- Failure analysis / root cause determination and corrective action implementation
- Experience in developing and writing Test Plans, including Environmental Qualification Test Plans.
- Experience in supporting various tests, from sub systems including specifying instrumentation requirements through higher level Final Acceptance Tests
- Experience working with suppliers and Military personnel in accomplishment of testing and test programs.
- Experience in writing test reports and formal Qualification Reports
- Travel within the US may be required, including supporting testing at various US Military Bases and Test Ranges
- Ability to present at various meetings, including presentations for Preliminary Design Reviews, Critical Design Reviews and Test Readiness Reviews.
- The ability to obtain a SECRET Security Clearance is mandatory.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 3-5 Years