Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Program Management Representative
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems is currently seeking a talented individual to provide program management support at our Rocket Center, WV offices, just outside of Cumberland, MD.
This position will function as the primary interface between the program office and plant day-to-day operations. In this role, you will assist the Program Manager in planning and managing overall task execution including maintaining safety, quality, delivery and cost metrics. You will provide focused leadership to non-recurring tasks as well as to daily production execution in the factory. This role serves as the alternate point of contact with the customer Program Manager and their team.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Assist with establishment of program integrated schedule and drive schedule attainment.
- Monitor and manage daily program execution to assure customer requirements are met.
- Report and resolve any issues that could impact production.
- Coordinate delivery of materials on time with Material Planner and Purchasing.
- Expedite and resolve supply chain schedule and technical issues as required supporting production requirements.
- Support Program Manager in preparation of financial reviews.
- Assist PM in preparing proposals in support of new or follow-on business.
- Daily onsite interface with the manufacturing plant is critical to this role.
Education and Experience:
- BA or BS Degree in business or technical field and 2 years of related experience
- Experienced with production-relevant business processes, including work releases, procurement process/ERP, manufacturing & test, shipping & receiving, QA & inspection
- U.S. Citizenship is required; must be able to obtain a government issued security clearance
Skills and Abilities:
- Microsoft Office proficiency, (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Able to function in a team environment and demonstrate a willingness to learn
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Northrop Grumman is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401K, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 1-3 Years