Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Program Manager-GMD Program
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people?s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation?s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work ? and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they?re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Program Manager Chandler, AZ
Orbital ATK is currently seeking an experienced Program Manager to provide leadership for production and integration of Ground-Based Missile Defense (GMD) flight test vehicles, including Non-Tactical Equipment (NTE) at our Chandler, AZ office.
Role Description & Responsibilities:
The Program Manager is responsible to lead a cross functional team of approximately 20 people consisting of Engineering, Manufacturing and Quality personnel.
- Manage the resolution of component and supplier issues related to these vehicles. Robust experience in root cause determination tools and methods such as fault tree, fishbone and Kepner-Tregoe preferred.
- Execute project management for GMD flight test vehicles including integrated milestone schedule (IMS) management, earned value management system (EVMS) management and daily issue resolution
- Represent these vehicles as required in meetings and management boards with Boeing and Missile Defense Agency
- Provide weekly written reports on project status, including accomplishments, issues and near term events.
- Brief senior management on project status and technical details approximately monthly
- Candidate must have a minimum of 12 years directly related experience in project management
- Direct internal as well as external customer interface experience
- Verbal and written communications with all levels of management
- Experience developing project cost and schedules and managing efforts via EVMS
- Exceptional leader of a multi disciplined teams
- Extensive experience creating and delivering presentations to customers and senior leadership teams
- Thorough understanding of design standards, procurement processes and configuration management
- Ability to work under limited supervision and complete projects on time and on budget
- Multi-disciplinary engineering experience -or- system engineering experience
- U.S. Citizen
- Able to obtain security clearance
- Ability to Travel Occasionally (6-8 trips/year)
- Earned Value Management System (EVMS) management experience
- BS in Engineering
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 8-10 Years