Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Manufacturing Engineering Manager (Must have current and active secret clearance to be considered)
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman is currently looking for a Manufacturing Engineering Manager to work at our Clearfield, UT location.
Manage a manufacturing engineering team supporting production of composite structures and assemblies. Work closely with manufacturing personnel to solve production issues in hand layup, core, autoclave cure, NDI, machining, secondary bonding, subsystems installation, and assembly processes. Reports to COE Engineering Manager.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Active Secret DoD Clearance within 5 ½ years of last investigation
- Bachelor’s Degree in Aerospace, Mechanical, Manufacturing, Chemical Engineering or related and 15 years of applicable experience
- Champion COE Engineering objectives to achieve business success
- Steadfastly pushes self and others to achieve company goals
- Excellent problem solving skills and experience in leadership of teams in resolving complex technical issues
- In depth knowledge of root cause and corrective action (RCCA) techniques (KT, 5 Why, Fish bone, fault tree)
- Working knowledge of PFMEA and other advanced quality improvement tools
- Is a Champion to the Company’s Business and Ethics Code of Conduct
- Advocate a safe and professional work environment
- Must have good communication and technical presentation skills
- Ability to provide customer overviews and presentations
- Experience in aerospace composites and assembly processes
- Knowledge of configuration management best practices
- Can effectively maneuver through political situations and anticipate roadblocks
- Provides challenging and stretching tasks and assignments to key talent in the organization
- Drive timely and clearly communicated decisions and recommendations
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Prior experience managing others
- Prior experience with EV cost accounting
Experience in NX 10
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Please check out latest NGC-ISG video
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 8-10 Years