Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Sr. Contracts Specialist
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems is currently looking for a Contracts Administrator to work in our Clearfield, UT location.
- Foster positive customer relationships and leverage to provide critical strategic intelligence to program team to expand business and influence customer requirements, program/contract terms and contract structure.
- Integrate with the discretionary funding planning process to ensure compliance with IR&D regulations.
- Ensure Northrop Grumman Intellectual Property is properly identified, protected and/or licensed.
- Integrate with Business Strategy Teams (BSTs) to optimize contract structure and business terms, and coordinate strategic agreements, when appropriate (e.g., partnering and teaming agreements).
Contract Structure and Business Terms:
- Develop a clear understanding of customer and program requirements that harmonize with Northrop Grumman business strategy to ensure contract structure, contract terms and business objectives are properly aligned.
- Assess terms and conditions and address provisions and associated risks relative to financial terms, acceptance criteria, delivery requirements, warranty, intellectual property, termination provisions, indemnification and all other potential risk areas including recommendations for risk mitigation strategies.
- Recommend changes, additions, and deletions to the contract structure to ensure accurate reflection of customer requirements and alignment with Northrop Grumman program strategy and risk mitigation.
- Negotiate pricing conditions including profit and provide profit/fee justifications to the customer, ensuring that the profit/fee is consistent with and appropriate for the contract type, identified program risks, market standards, internal investment requirements, and working capital considerations.
- Identify business risks associated with contract in partnership with mission assurance.
- Ensure flow down of required and applicable terms and conditions to subcontractors ensuring that subcontractor terms and conditions are appropriate for the work being performed in relation to the prime contract.
- Lead the development of a comprehensive negotiation strategy/plan working in conjunction with Program Team.
- When applicable, lead Integrated Product Teams (IPT’s) in preparation for negotiations.
- Define negotiation parameters through delegation process (including goals/limitations).
- Negotiate appropriate contract type, scope, price, profit and terms.
- Execute cost or pricing data certificate where required.
- Lead delegation process, including the assembly of a delegation package and proper sign-offs.
- Establish equitable payment terms, facilitate timely payments through coordinated oversight with Finance for the invoicing process, and ensure customer compliance with payment terms.
- Ensure that the contract and statement of work are consistent with pricing assumptions to effectively manage financial risks related to contract terms and conditions. Also, ensure that the underlying cost estimates are consistent with and appropriately addresses performance risks.
- Implement a change management process and coordinate with Program Management to ensure compliance.
- Monitor contract cost performance in concert with program Business Management and Finance.
- Verify with Program Manager that all technical requirements have been properly reviewed and a clear technical baseline is included within associated contract documents.
- Ensure that a verified schedule baseline is included in contract documents.
- Following contract award, communicate contract terms and conditions, program schedule and SOW requirements to program team.
- Ensure compliance with program schedule as outlined in contract.
- Must be US citizen with ability to obtain a DoD security clearance
- BS degree in Business or related
- 5 years minimum experience in contract management
- Experience managing government contracts both at the prime and subcontract levels
- Proven experience in negotiating complex proposals
- Excellent computer skills
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills for effective interface with all internal and external contacts
- Knowledge of EAC process, cash flow, and strategic planning process
- Knowledge of change management process
- Extensive knowledge of FAR, DFARS, Government Procurement Regulations and related contract administration
- Proven leadership qualities; ability to start, oversee, and follow-through with major assignments and responsibilities
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced environment
- Knowledge of Sarbanes Oxley
- Experience working with BAA's, RFQ's, and complex engineering and manufacturing proposals
- Government contracting experience including experience with 2nd tier prime-subcontractor relationships
- Experience in Deltek cost point
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Please check out latest NGC-ISG video
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 3-5 Years