Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Project Engineer – Sub-Systems Manufacturing/Process-Engineer 16S (Current-Active Security Clearance Required) to work in our Clearfield, UT location.
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Group in Clearfield, Utah is looking for a Project Engineer – Sub-Systems Manufacturing/Process-Engineer 16S (Current-Active Security Clearance Required) to work in our Clearfield, UT location.
The Project Engineer (PE) will be responsible for leading a team of Manufacturing Engineers (ME) in the startup and manufacturing of a new aerospace production program. The PE will ensure the ME’s work closely with the product design team to ensure that product design meets manufacturability requirements. The PE will also ensure the ME’s work closely with operations personnel to develop manufacturing solutions and solve production issues in sub-systems (electrical, hydraulic, etc) development, installation and verification testing. They need to understand the requirements to determine product impacts and recommend disposition of the parts. The will work in a cross functional team to develop and implement process improvements.
Requirements & Qualifications:
MUST HAVE AN ACTIVE SECURITY CLEARANCE TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS ROLE
Must have an active clearance with an investigation within the last 5.5 years (or 5 years 6 months)
- Bachelor’s degree in Manufacturing, Mechanical, Aerospace Engineering and 15 years of Process/Manufacturing Engineering experience with composites and sub-system installation.
- Extensive knowledge in all facets of sub-systems installation and verification testing.
- Experience in working with aerospace specifications and requirements.
- Working knowledge of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing. (GD&T)
- Working knowledge of root cause / corrective action processes and techniques.
- Functional knowledge of Process Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (PFMEA).
- Functional knowledge of SPC
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Proven ability to lead a group of engineers to achieve the desired results for the program and company
- Programming skills (control systems)
- Experience in the use of NX 10 or equivalent CAD software
- Experience using SPC to monitor and improve processes
- Experience using Process Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (PFMEA) tool
Competencies for Success:
- Good organizational skills and ability to work with minimal direction in a changing environment.
- High energy, results oriented, self-motivated /self-reliant, team player
- Strong problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to interface with an organization at all levels
- Excellent computer skills. Skilled in working with Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced environment
- Ability to multitask and prioritize.
- Strong attention to detail.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Please check out latest NGC-ISG video
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: +10 Years