Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Senior Manufacturing Engineer 13S Second Shift
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman is looking for a Senior Manufacturing Engineer (13S), to join our team in Clearfield, Utah.
Support manufacturing in mid and high-rate composite part production facility. Work closely with manufacturing personnel and operations to solve production issues in layup (hand and automated), secondary bonding, autoclave cure, machining, NDI, assembly and final inspection processes. Learn and understand requirements to determine product impacts and recommend disposition of the parts to the customer(s). Resolve issues on the spot to keep production moving with little to no schedule impact while maintaining the quality of the product and safety of the operation. Work in a cross functional team to develop and implement process improvements. These positions will be supporting production to resolve manufacturing issues in the FCC COE at the Clearfield Utah facility. The shift will be 2:00 PM to 10:30 PM Mondays thru Fridays. Support from engineering process owners and other functional departments will be provided on an on call basis. The selected candidate will also be assigned special projects that he or she will own. These projects typically involve improvements to our products.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in Mechanical, Aerospace or Materials Science
- Experience; 4+ years of Applicable Process/Manufacturing/Design Engineering experience
- Demonstrated technical problem-solving skills, strong oral, and written communications skills
- Demonstrated organization and multitasking skills
- Desire to work in a manufacturing environment
- Electronic shop floor authoring experience preferred
- Excellent computer skills. Skilled in working with Microsoft Office applications.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge of root cause/corrective action processes and techniques
- Functional knowledge of Process Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (PFMEA)
- Functional knowledge of production control systems
- Experience authoring, modifying and auditing procedures with Solumina.
- Experience estimating, planning, and streamlining manufacturing processes
- Experience in working with aerospace specifications and requirements
- Experience using SPC to monitor and improve processes
Competencies for Success:
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Strong attention to detail
- Initiative, self-starter, adaptable, and high motivation for excellence
- High energy, results oriented, self-motivated / self-reliant, team player
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to interface with an organization at all levels
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced environment
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Please check out latest NGC-ISG video.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 3-5 Years