Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Operations Supervisor - Composites Manufacturing - Night Shift (Monday 6 p.m. – 6:30 a.m.; Tu-Thurs 6 p.m. – 4:30 a.m.)
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Group in Clearfield, Utah is seeking an experienced Supervisor of Operations in our Clearfield, UT location.
– shift differential applies.
Night Shift Role Monday – Thursday, 6 p.m. – 4:30 a.m. with the requirement to work Fridays and Saturdays when OT is worked by the non-exempt post cure team.
As an ATK composite Operations Supervisor you will manage a team of composite technicians to meet on-time delivery. You will be responsible for maintaining a safe and compliant area in accordance with OrbitalATK policy and procedures as well as development of personnel, cross training, staffing and managing resources that support operation.
- Executing day-to-day operations of a group of employees who generally perform a single task or multiple, but closely related tasks
- Ensuring tools, plans, people and material are available to complete assigned workloads
- Daily tie-in with production management for work load, priority and the supervision of assigned personnel
- Creating a safe work environment
- Training technicians on procedures, quality documents, and safety of Operations
- Directing staff in the completion of daily production operations goals.
- Responsibility for training and development of subordinate staff, estimating personnel needs, assigning work, meeting completion dates, and ensuring consistent application of organizational policies
- Participation in continuous improvement activities
- Responsibility for performance management and corrective action
- Delegating correction action on incidents and FOD issues
- Responsibility for building evacuations in the event of a fire and directing emergency
- · 3 or more years of related experience required
- High School Diploma or equivalent GED (education will be verified)
Skills & Qualifications:
- · Experience managing 10 or more direct reports
- · Demonstrated use of manufacturing performance measurement tools
- · Demonstrated use of production control tools (e.g., schedule, MRP, manpower forecasts)
- Must be able to read and understand blueprints, technical specifications and operating procedures
o · Basic computer skills
o · Understanding of root cause analysis
o · Understanding MSDS Information
o · Understanding of process and equipment capability
o · Understanding cost effective methods of manufacturing
o · Must be able to work a flexible schedule that may include 2nd ,3rd shift or Weekends
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Experience in a high rate manufacturing environment
- Aerospace and/or composites experience
- Experience in implementing continuous improvement
Competencies for Success:
- Positive individual who is willing to expand current skill set
- Safety first mind-set
- Must be able to work independently and in a team setting
- Strong interpersonal communication skills with ability to work with others at all levels of the organization
o Strong attention to detail and accuracy
o High aptitude for learning
o Ability to multitask and prioritize
o Ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced, diverse environment
o Initiative, self-starter, adaptable, and high motivation for excellence
o High energy, results oriented, self-motivated / self-reliant, team player
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Please check out latest NGC-ISG video
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 5-8 Years