Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Quality Engineering Supervisor
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission ? whether it?s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world?s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation?s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
Orbital ATK is looking for a Quality Engineering Supervisor for its Clearfield, Utah, Faclity.
Ensure that all development activities utilize the best approaches to ensure an efficient, high performance, rigorous development culture while considering the input of all internal and external customers. Utilize their emotional intelligence to lead, coach, and direct other engineers and technicians to accomplish project deliverables and strategic objectives, drive timely decision making, and develop a highly talented team. They may also serve as the technical specialist in their area of functional responsibility. Serve as a role model supporting the division's mission and values.
- Provides day-to-day guidance and direction of engineering activities and work products produced by a small group of technicians and engineers in coordination with program managers on semi-routine challenges resulting in moderate impact to the business.
- Assess the engineering value stream in their area of responsibility with input from key stakeholders. Initiate continuous improvement activities to create high quality and efficient processes. Improve planning, execution, and tracking methods to increase engineering process excellence
- Coach, support, and motivate to ensure a high performing engineering team.
- Ensure hiring plans and staff development are aligned to overall capability and capacity strategy. Manage team budgets, schedules and resources to effectively meet business goals.
- Support technology growth in innovation identification, roadmap development, and proposal preparation.
- Set and promote high standards for quality and safety. Maintains assigned Orbital ATK engineering processes and drives technical excellence by ensuring team output meets technical standards.
- Maintains knowledge of engineering best practices and technology innovations by attending industry events and educational activities.
- Represent and communicate Orbital ATK technical capabilities and technologies to internal and external customers. Present deliverables at program technical reviews, proposal reviews, or other technical meetings.
- Support peer feedback process and input to managers on team member performance.
- Prepare cost estimates and written technical proposals. Manage cost and schedule for assigned independent research or process improvement projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in, Mechanical, Aerospace, or Manufacturing Engineering and 7 years of Process/Manufacturing or Quality Engineering experience or Master’s degree in Mechanical, Aerospace, or Manufacturing Engineering and 5 years of Process/Manufacturing Engineering experience.
- Some experience leading, developing, and giving feedback to team members
To learn more about Orbital ATK
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products ?and your ideas ? into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you?ll be amazed at what you can do!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 5-8 Years